Friday, December 23, 2011

Chicken, Wild Rice and Cherry Tomato Casserole

Chicken, Wild Rice and Cherry Tomato Casserole
serves 6
recipe found in an advertisement in on of my health magazines for Nature Sweet Cherry Tomatoes


1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
4 oz mushrooms, bottoms trimmed, sliced thin
2 (5 oz) packages long grain and wild rice seasoned rice mix (I used the 5 minute rice)
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
4 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2" slices
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 cups of hot water
1 package of NatureSweet cherry tomatoes, halved

Preheat oven to 400 F. In a large casserole dish, combine the first nine ingredients, top with tomatoes, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.

Karl's reaction: 'This is different than anything you've ever made before. I like it a lot. Good job babe."
My take: I was surprised cuz I normally don't make rice but this was good! Will make again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment