(recipe found in Fitness Magazine May 2011 and is Anna Berman's recipe)
|Beef Stir-Fry with Avocado Salad|
12 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 TBS plus 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 TBS vegetable oil
1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 poblano, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 avocado, diced
1/4 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro plus more for garnish, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine beef, 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon chili powder; set aside
2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion, bell pepper and poblano and saute 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add beef and marinade to vegetables and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine beans, avocado, cheese, 1/4 cup cilantro and remaining lime juice and chili powder.
5. Garnish beef and vegetables with remaining cilantro. Serve with avocado salad and warmed tortillas if desired.
Karl's reaction: "Ooooooooooo, I like this a lot!" *nods head* "Mmmmmmm. Scrumptious, babe!"
My take: One of my all-time favorites! I loved the avocado salad. I could eat that every day!!!
|Avocado Salad (seriously GOOD)|
|Lots of flavor in the beef tenderloin - yum!|