I did it! I did it! I did it! I sent my first set of query letters for Wanted: Groom for My $100K Wedding out!
Am I panicking? Yes. Am I nervous as hell? Yes. Did I lose a bunch of sleep the past few days? Yes. Do I think I did the best I could? In my mind, yes, but note the emphasis on "in my mind". But as with everything in life, there are plenty of lessons to be learned. If I don't get any bites, then it's time to change up the query letter and see what happens.
So what's next?
1. Perfecting my 2-3 page synopsis. It's done, but I like perfection...too bad I don't have this same mentality when it comes to cleaning our house.
2. Perfecting my 353-page manuscript for the millionth time. Yes, it's done...but see #1.
3. Continuing researching and querying agents until I'm blue in the face.
4. Updating Ella Dirk's (my main character) Twitter account (@never_says_no) and her Facebook account (Note: I won't be mad if you choose to 'like' it)
5. Waiting and hoping for that one agent phone call/email saying..."We love it! We want more!"
6. Putting tape on my fingers so I can stop the nail-biting madness. Karl now calls them cuticles...not fingernails. I honestly have NO nails. None. Gone. Gross.
So now you know where I've been hiding, that, and I just got back from a wonderful Mexico trip with my in-laws (I'm still working on a way I can thank them...any ideas would be appreciated). And there will be more to come on my thoughts on Mexico in my next Strib blog since I had such a bad experience there ten years ago and whined about it in a post on Blogger. You'll be happy to know that Mexico and I are back together.
Please send all the good vibes you can my way. I'll be here living in my fantasy bubble and dreaming big things!
A quote from the calendar on my desk that made me smile:
Every person's life is a fairy tale written by God's fingers.
- Hans Christian Andersen