The most dramatic development this week: Reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. (http://www.babycenter.com/)
Ahh, we can both breathe a sigh of relief now that our awesome news is out to the world. Boy, did we find out some cool stuff once we made that announcement. For one, a million of my friends are pregnant too!!!
- My BFF She-Dawg is due in February.
- My awesome hair stylist (and soon to be full-time stylist when I become a famous writer some day...he, he) is due February 16.
- My awesome friend Wendy is due in early March.
- Two great friends I played volleyball with at UW-Whitewater are due. One in April and one in May!
- My friend Amy is due in May.
- One of Karl's coworkers and my new cool friend is due TWO days after me!!!
- Am I missing someone? I feel like I am....
It's so much fun when you can share your pains, worries, concerns with someone else, especially new timers cuz it's like what the H is going on with me right now!? HA! I also love texting and emailing my friends who also just had babies because they are offering up tons of great advice.
New food cravings -
- Honeycrisp apples. I need at least one a day. Thank you University of Minnesota for coming up with the most delicious apples ever. I really need to send them a thank you letter. I think I'm going to do that!
- Olive Garden. I dream of the soup, salad and breadsticks. Going there tonight. Can't wait!
New things I've noticed -
- At week 12 I figured I'd be almost over the hump in the feeling bad department, but this week was actually kind of hard. The only thing I changed in my diet was I ran out of acidophilus vitamins, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm feeling more nauseous than usual? Nothing is coating my stomach.
- I eat...a lot and non-stop! How I'm not the size of a house yet, I do not know???
- I love pomegranates and they are making their comeback in October already...yee-yah!!!
One or two eggs for breakfast
One or two pieces of whole wheat toast.
Flaxseed and Nutella.
Water. Lots of water
By the time I get into work, I'm starving.
Snack time begins
Greek yogurt (lots of protein).
Few minutes later I'm hungry again. (yes, I'm serious)
I have a banana
I eat a small baggie of walnuts
I get hungry again
I have string cheese
Usually leftovers from the night before. Bigger portions than normal (and I'm good until 3)
Snack time again!!!
My beloved honeycrisp apple
Some healthy recipe and larger portions
Hoping I'll be okay! I haven't been that great with walking this week. Why? Welllll because I'm in bed by 7:15. What on earth!?!?!? I couldn't even hold my head up at the dinner table the other night. So messed up.
So work was super cool about the news, which made me feel like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders!! Very happy about this. They are willing to work with me and I'm willing to work with them. Yeah! Karl's work seemed very happy for him too! Phew, that worry is over with for now.
We were just so excited to get the response we did from family and friends. You guys are making this so much fun!!!!!
Questions I'm faced with:
1. Should we find out the sex of the baby?
2. Daycare? Nanny? In-house? A center? Akkkk!!! This is going to be so so so hard!!! I can't even imagine doing this!!!!