Sunday, October 30, 2011

Feeling Fluttering in My Belly - Month 4

15 weeks

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. (http://www.babycenter.com/)

Last Friday I noticed a bit of twitching and fluttering in my stomach on my drive down to Roscoe. Then came Saturday night and the same thing. I thought, could this be gas??? This Friday I was sitting down with Karl on the couch and I felt more twitching and fluttering in my stomach. I made him put his hand on my stomach and he felt it a little too. Super exciting. We both thought that it could possibly be gas again, but not once has my gas ever felt like that. And I read in all four of my baby books that some women with slender tummies do feel a sense of fluttering and twitching in their stomach earlier on - and yes, that is the baby!!!!

Then my mind went all kinds of crazy on me. All of a sudden I pictured my parents in the exact same place 32 years ago when I was in my mom's belly. Were they doing the same thing? What thoughts were going through their minds? Did they feel like we did at that exact moment? Then Karl and I started talking about how excited we are - still nervous - but excited more so than anything. This is getting fun! He's going to be such a good, loving dad!!

The FREE stroller I scored!
I scored big time yesterday too. I went on my usual 40 minute walk through the fancy neighborhoods of Shakopee and noticed a lot of people were cleaning out their houses and garages. There on the driveway of a fancy, big house was a nice stroller with the sign "free" on it. I looked around wondering if this could be true. It was a stroller for twins but looked so nice. I couldn't imagine myself just taking it so I rang the doorbell and a nice grandma answered. I asked about the stroller and she said that she's tried to donate it but nobody will come pick it up and her grand kids have outgrown it, so she just wanted to see if anyone would take it off her hands. I sure did!!! Score! So I wheeled it home and it was easy to drive. I figure if I won't be using it, my parents or Karl's parents can when more grand kids start coming.

Yesterday Karl and I also met his parents and their neighbors at Schell's Brewery in New Ulm. Not the ideal place for a prego lady, but it was still a lot of fun. As my mother-in-law was talking to me, I started to feel real funny so I reached for my water and chugged it down. I started to feel super light headed and hot. So I walked away from her and sat down. My legs felt incredibly heavy and tired and the room started to close around me. I began sweating. I peeled off my down coat, and then sweater. I tried to flag down Karl but he was too busy chatting. Sweat started dripping down my chest and forehead. Then Karl looked at me and I waved him over. I felt awful. He had me walk outside where the cool air hit me and I felt tons better but instantly I was freezing down to my bones. What on earth was that???? Karl swears it's a panic attack, but I think it's more like dehydration or something. I don't know. Dang. Then I was in church this morning and the same thing started to happen. I looked at the cross and was like..."NO! Not in church." And I was okay.

I met with my trainer this morning and he has a great program put together for me. I'm excited about it. And I felt great after. During, though, he had me do some serious deep breathing and then the same thing happened. The room started closing in and the black cloud of whatever took over my head and I said, "I think I'm going to faint." So he had me stop and I was fine. What the?

Right now I feel pretty exhausted and have been drinking a ton of water, hoping that will help. Anyone else have this happen? I know I haven't been drinking as much water because I'm sick of going to the bathroom 4-6 times during the night. But I guess that's no excuse!

1 comments:

Hey Christie! I would call your doctor's office and chat with a nurse about what you've had happen with feeling faint. I never had it happen while pregnant but have had what you're describing happen to me on a number of different occasions and I know it was related to hormones...definitely worth asking about though. Hope it stops happening to you, dearie! Take care!

Post a Comment