Thursday, July 31, 2014

Third Trimester – 28 Weeks

Fastest pregnancy ever!
By this week, your baby weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world. See what your baby looks like this week. (Or see what fraternal twins look like in the womb this week.)

Jeez, we’re cruising along here. How am I already in third trimester? How is it already August (tomorrow)??? HOW!?!?!
28 Weeks!

Week 28 of pregnancy was SO much better than Week 27. I think we’re all feeling great, the weather is fantastic, it’s SUMMER!  We have enjoyed eating dinner outside EVERY NIGHT THIS WEEK!!! Have I mentioned how much I love this about our new house?

Oh, and my lil man stopped by my work to visit! YAY! Then he went to see his dad. I guess his place was "cooler" than mine. Sigh. 
Driving the forklift!
Trying on a foot. 


We had baby’s doctor appointment yesterday, including the fabulous glucose test. I passed. Heartbeat sounds great again. YAY! We’re scheduled for a 32-week ultrasound at the end of August to see if we can take a peek at the nuchal fold again and make sure baby is A.O.K. Once I enter the “thirty” week time frame, I get nervous. I know PLENTY of people who’ve had babies thirty-plus pregnant. GULP!!! HERE WE GO!!!
My healthy breakfast before my glucose test!


I was able to stop by and see my friends Kimbra and Chad’s brand new baby boy, Colton! What a SWEETHEART!!!!!! He is SO tiny!!!!!!!!! I can’t remember Jackson being THAT tiny. SO many memories flooded my head and heart. And a little voice reminded me that I WILL be able to do this. But then a coworker stopped me and said, “Just so you know, ONE is easy. TWO is not.”
Sweet baby Colton!


Thanks.

I guess I popped yesterday since pretty much everyone told me how pregnant I looked. Maybe it was the shirt I was wearing? As active as I have been and as good as I’ve been eating, I’m still gaining. Maybe I’m creating a huge baby? Who knows!

Jackson seems to understand more and more that there is a baby in mommy’s belly. Some days he will tell me, “No! Baby. Go away.” Some days, he’ll rest his head on my belly and kiss it and say, “Hi, baby!” Some days he’ll come charging up to me and swat my belly out of nowhere. Then two seconds later say, “Sorry, baby.” This will be an interesting transition. I just make sure to remind him that he’s going to be THE BEST big brother and THE BEST mommy’s helper. He seems to be pretty proud of that. Fingers crossed.

I wanted to share this video that’s been on Karl’s phone for a while. We taped the baby’s heart beat around 12 weeks. LOVE THIS SOUND!!!!! Listen here!

Blessings to you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment