Thursday, July 17, 2014

26 Weeks Pregnant

Hello! It's me at 26-Weeks Pregnant

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.

26-week's pregnant and officially the weight I was in college. 

Tons of kicking going on right now. I love it. And the weather has been great. Next week it heats up, so we'll see where I'm at with all that humidity. I can't imagine being pregnant in the summer in the deep south. Woof.

I don't know what happened last night but I was completely and totally wiped out. To the point I had to sit down a few times as I made dinner. I fell asleep on the couch while Karl gave Jackson a bath too. This NEVER happens. So after I read and prayed with Jackson, I put myself to bed and tried to crash for the night. Didn't work that well, but that's OK. My mind is always racing.

The good thing is I found time to make it to the gym last week. YAY! Yep, felt like a new person once again. So I'm carving out time this week too and am super excited for this "me" sweat-time. I did stair stepper for 25 minutes at level 8. Not bad for being away from the gym since mid-May. I swear moving into a new house was my workout the past two month. If you only saw the sets of stairs we had in the town home, you'd understand.

NO leg cramps this past week!!! (Knock on wood.) I have been drinking TONS of water and eating TONS of fruit and more walnuts this week. Is this doing the trick?? Something must be working. I also have been really focused on making and buying HEALTHY meals for the family.


Breakfast:
I switch days.
One morning is oatmeal and Malt-O-Meal mixed together with flaxseed, walnuts, fresh fruit, 2% milk and a little brown sugar and maybe 4 oz of coffee
Or else it'll be eggs with organic uncured Canadian bacon, sweet peppers and cheese and two of Karl's HEALTHY pancakes topped with flaxseed, fresh fruit and organic syrup

Snack:
The days I have oatmeal for b-fast, I have a boiled egg and a banana for my snack
The days I have eggs for b-fast, I have walnuts and a peach for my snack

Lunch:
LEFTOVERS in glass containers (not plastic) and yogurt

Dinner:
A lean meat, lots of veggies, fresh fruit. And I make enough that we have leftovers for lunch. I make the QUICK stuff. I have to. And then we EAT OUTSIDE! Oh...and sometimes I'll slip in an ice cream sandwich or a freezy!! Jackson loves these:) Me too! I forgot how good these are.

I have been feeling pretty good. I must be in the nesting stage - getting a ton of house stuff done. I get tired though. I still pee at least two times a night and wake up around 4:30/5. I try to go back to bed, but my brain won't let me.

I had my mole appointment yesterday and the skin doctor said she wasn't going to remove the five suspicious moles a volunteer doctor spotted. She said she is learning my skin and moles and gave me TWO to watch. If they grow at all, I have to get in ASAP. If not, I can wait another year. I was naked, under lights, scanners - they took notes and read my results from the moles I had removed last year. I felt good about it. Whew!!!!!!!

I weigh now what I weighed in college. 169 pounds. There you have it. Gulp. And I'm at 26 weeks. So yeah...I could push 200 pounds this time around. I cringe when I see that number. I am 5'10 and maybe have bigger bones but still.... We will see. I KNOW I'm being healthy though. It's the portions. I eat BIG BIG healthy portions. And loads of dark chocolate. Oh man.... It's OK. It'll all come off.

I keep thinking we're having a boy. A feeling came over me on this one over the weekend. I think it might have been when Jackson dropped his shorts and undies and ran around all proud, yelling..."Jackson nakens!!!"

I feel boy all of a sudden. We will see:) Our house will be HIGH ENERGY for sure. I also think I'm carrying the same again.

Thanks for reading! See you at 27 weeks!



0 comments:

Post a Comment