Sunday, November 25, 2012

Weekly Workouts and Weight - Week 8

Week of November 18

The madness continues...
Getting outside as much as we can!
Weight: 156
Height: 5’10

Could not believe the scale. Say what??? I’m only TWO pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. WOW!!! The week before was such a bad week mentally and physically. The only thing I can think is I’ve been really watching what I put in my mouth. I have been eating smaller portions because there isn’t a whole lot of time to eat and I rarely EVER sit down now. Jackson is keeping me on my toes if I ever set him down.

The other thing is I can’t afford to feel run down or tired and I have learned sugar or heavy carbs makes me feel that way. Sure, a treat tastes good but 40 minutes later and I want a nap. I can’t feel that way. EVER. So it’s not worth it. For example, I have a bag of Jolly Ranchers at my desk (for emergences). Usually around 3, I want something sweet. I ask myself… are two or three Jolly Ranchers really what I need/want or will a tart apple do the trick? The apple wins. AND I am not ravishing by dinner time. Sometimes I don’t get to eat dinner until 8, so I need something that will fill me up. Jolly Ranchers don’t do the trick.

Sunday: None. Was still at cabin and no running/walking allowed because I might get hit by stray bullet. Got home too late to work out since I had to get us all unpacked, laundry going and dinner cooking. Feeling rather anxious. Missing my heart pumping workout. Head feels fuzzy. So much on my brain. Need clarity.

Monday: Nothing. Slept HORRIBLE the night before…maybe 2 or 3 solid hours in a row. Was a walking zombie all day. I did park very far away from the grocery store so I had to walk more and then walked across the street to grab lunch. That was my exercise. Took a LOT of deep breaths!

Tuesday: Quick 20 minute walk over lunch. The weather is AMAZING for November. Close to 60 degrees. We have a 5-hour car ride ahead of us so I wanted to get something in. Visiting my parents for the Thanksgiving holiday. VERY excited to do some walking/running around Roscoe because it’s hilly where they live. Just hoping we can fit that in!

Wednesday: Holy TIRED. We left for Roscoe at 7 p.m. and arrived at 12:30 in the morning. We didn't get to bed until 2 a.m. And then... oh man...Jackson was up at 5:00 a.m. I AM TIRED. Like walking zombie tired. I DO NOT LIKE FEELING LIKE THIS. Karl and I went for a 40 minute walk up and down all the  hills. The weather is wonderful so we tried to enjoy as much as possible. Just wish I could get SLEEP.

Thursday: Still SO TIRED. Jackson slept until 3, but not enough sleep for me. At home he'll get up sometimes at 3, eat quick and fall back asleep until 7, but he was up again at 5 a.m. after I fed him. I NEED SLEEP. It's Thanksgiving and my grandparents are coming over. Trying to be hard being peppy being so tired. My mom and I take a 40 minute walk up and down hills with Jackson. The fresh air feels GREAT but I try to take a couple naps. Not happening. Brain won't shut off. And Jackson will not nap.

Friday: Me here. DYING. SO TIRED. Jackson was up from 2 a.m. on. Every half hour. Pretty sure he's teething. Not napping at all. Life is hard. I want to cry. I just want to sleep. Grandparents are still here. Feel like we're keeping them up with Jackson's screams. I don't change him during the night like normal because that means going to a different room, that means he'll scream and wake everyone up. But he soaks through his diaper and his pjs and his bed...and our bed. Oopsy. At least we fit in a nice walk. Ahhh. 20 minutes of fresh air. Brother returns from Everest Base Camp. He is too exhausted to talk. Truthfully, I'm too tired to even listen to anyone. I just want SLEEP. I try to nap. No go. Again...brain won't shut off.

Saturday: Yep. Still no good sleep. Is it time to go home yet? I just want my own bed. Our routine. Jackson is NOT napping. If he is, it's for 20 minutes and he wakes up crabby. I am exhausted. No rest at all. Constant go-go-go. Teething like crazy. Seems to be in pain. Dreading the car ride back because I'm scared. Will Jackson be able to make it? Karl and I take a nice long 40 minute walk with Jackson... Of course he naps now. Feels good but I AM SO TIRED. Jackson is up quite a bit. I feel sluggish. I don't feel good about myself. I'm wearing the same outfit for three days. Ugh. Everyone is SICK! Coughing and sneezing and sore throats. YUCK! My nose keeps running. So much for all those fruits I ate before we left just to avoid Karl's sickness. I NEED SLEEP. I NEED A GOOD WORKOUT. MOMMA IS STRESSED.


Post a Comment