Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty Banana Bread

Banana Bread
serves 12
recipe found on All Recipes.com

Nice and moist banana bread! Yummmy!

I had a few black bananas lying around the kitchen and a huge craving for banana bread. I spent Sunday morning Googling looking for the best recipe. This one had 4.5 stars out of 5 and over 6700 people commented how much they loved it. So why not try baking it, right?

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.               

3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.               

Karl's reaction: "This house smells SOOO good." Karl walked in from ice fishing. "Ohhh, this is good babe!"

My take: I liked this banana bread a lot. I probably put in more bananas than I needed, and I think I could have used more brown sugar, but still really good!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment