Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Healthy Dinner in a Pinch

Christie's Concoction
serves 4
recipe found in Christie's head :)
Tasty little dish with lots of veggies


It was Saturday night. I wanted something healthy and didn't have a lot of energy, but thankfully after my morning workout with my trainer, I headed to the grocery store and bought a lot of healthy foods so I could whip something together - problem was I didn't know what I was going to whip together. Karl was ice fishing and it was just me, so I figured I could make something gross and not feel bad about it. Good thing this didn't end up tasting gross!


A pound of Chicken Italian sausage
Two small zucchinis
Baby Bella mushrooms
1 yellow squash
Fresh dill
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
Handful of whole wheat spaghetti noodles
Parmesan cheese

1. Chop up Italian sausage into bite size pieces and cook in a skillet. Remove from skillet.

2. Add lemon juice, mushrooms, zucchini and squash. Cook until soft and sprinkle with dill.

3. Boil water and add spaghetti noodles.

4. Add spaghetti and meat to veggies in skillet. Mix together. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.



My take: This was great. Easy to make and tasted wonderful. My guess is Karl would want more salt.
Loved this easy dish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment