Saturday, September 10, 2011

Yummy Tacos for Two

Eating like a celebrity now...One of Jennifer Hudson's favorite dishes

Tacos for Two
serves 2
(recipe found in Self Magazine September 2011)
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 package (9 oz) Perdue Short cuts Carved Chicken Breast Strips Grilled (I used our leftover chicken from the grill)
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup salsa
4 whole grain taco shells
1/2 cup shredded taco cheese
1 jalapeno chile, chopped

In a medium skillet, saute bell pepper in oil until soft, about 6 minutes.

Add chicken, garlic, salsa, salt and pepper; cook stirring, until heated through.

Stuff taco shelled with chicken mixture, cheese and jalapeno, if desired.

Karl's reaction: "All I taste is cilantro. I think I just like your normal ground beef tacos. It's good, but I like normal tacos."

My take: "I obviously didn't follow the recipe. I added cilantro and some chili beans. I did find myself missing taco meat."

0 comments:

Post a Comment