Sunday, September 4, 2011

What Can I Make with Zucchini?

My mom's famous zucchini casserole
serves 6
(recipe found in Rockford Register Star)

2 lbs. (6 cups) of zucchini, sliced
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 cup shredded raw carrots
1 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon instant chopped onion
1/2 cup melted butter
1 package Pepperidge Farm herb crushed seasoned stuffing mix
1 cup shredded cheese
2 cups diced cooked chicken
3 stalks of celery

1. Wash and slice zucchini and celery. Do not peel. Cook in boiling water 4-5 minutes, drain.

2. Combine soup, shredded carrots, sour cream, and instant onion. Fold squash and celery into mixture.

3. Add melted butter to stuffing mix. Reserve 2 cups crumbs and spread the remainder of crumbs in the bottom of a 12x9 inch pan. Spoon vegetable mixture over crumbs. Put diced chicken over vegetable mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese on top. Top with remaining crumbs.

4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Karl's reaction: "I can't believe you haven't posted this recipe yet. I love this!"

My take: This is usually a hit with guests. They always ask for the recipe! I suggest you try it at least once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment