Sunday, September 4, 2011

Almost through Month Two - Month Two

written September 4, 2011
seven weeks

The ups and downs

Me again. Dealing with hormones. So mad at them. Nothing too crazy different going on here. Yesterday was a rough day where I was confined to the couch. I started off the day making homemade waffles and cleaning up clutter around the house and thirty minutes later my body told me to cool it. Before I knew it I was feeling worn out, nauseous and ready to hit the couch like my life depended on it. And that's where I stayed most of the day.
Karl's BFF Root and his girlfriend Missy came over to all go to the Minnesota State Fair and to see Weezer in concert. I stayed behind. I felt really bad about it because I'm usually up for anything. Karl calls me his social butterfly but all I wanted to do was relax on the couch. Again I felt like my skin was crawling as I sat- I'm usually up for a run or doing something fun, but nothing. I wish I was more okay with relaxing. What is wrong with me?
Last night I made sure to eat a lot of protein and this morning I woke up feeling really great. The weather is really cool right now (66 degrees and windy) and Karl and I decided to go for a nice walk. I've done more chores around the house in a long time so I actually feel like I'm making progress. Finally! I have my moments though. I get really tired and I want to take a nap. Friends ask me to hang out and I'd rather not. It just seems like so much work. Then I start worrying about it. Will my friends think I'm a bad friend? Will I gain more weight because I'm not working out as much as I used to?
Thankfully my awesome friend Jaymie sent me an email the other day that made me sit back and go, "ah ha!" I want to share just a little piece of it: "but, i just want you to know, everything is going to be just as it should be. and it will be wonderful. if your body tells you to lay on the couch and watch tv, honor it! your body will be constantly working its ass off day and night for the next 9 months. you are building a human. hello. if that's all you do all day, that is more than you've ever done."

Perfect words of advice. And almost one more week to go until our ultrasound!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment