Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Telling My Grandparents and Visiting Parents - Month 3

written Sunday, September 18, 2011
week 9

This week I've been feeling really great. Finally! I'm not sure if it's because I was able to see the ultrasound on Monday and actually see that there was indeed a baby growing inside me and hear from the doctor that it was natural to feel the way I've been feeling, or what? But I really do feel like myself again. Thank you God!!! I was getting pretty worried there.

Wednesday night Karl and I left work (late)...both of us had real bad days but pushed the bull aside, shoved food down, packed and hopped in our car. We didn't leave until 6:40 and I knew that meant we wouldn't get to gpa and gma's until way past their bedtime. Rats. Another day of waiting to tell them our good news. As we pulled up their long driveway, everything was dark. We crawled into bed and couldn't wait to tell them in the morning.

Grandma, me and Grandpa Powalish
Both Karl and I woke up early and realized it was freezing out. I saw on Twitter most of Minnesota tied for a record low and there was frost in Wild Rose, Wisconsin. We walked in the kitchen and got our hugs and I handed grandma an ultrasound picture.

"What is this?" She studies it.

I look at grandpa sitting at the kitchen table and he has a gleam in his eyes. "I'm pregnant." I smile.

"Really?" Grandma squeals and grandpa smiles. She squeezes me and grandpa stands up and walks over to Karl.

"Congratulations you big buck, you."

We laugh and all hug again. The moment is real special and my grandma looks at the picture again. "Oh, Christie. This is great news! Oh! The baby is in a heart! Look!" She points and she's right. The space around baby is definitely shaped as a heart, which only makes me smile bigger.

We sit down and talk more about baby and grandpa cuts in. "I'm shocked!"

I giggle.

"I thought you said you weren't ready?"

"Will I ever be ready?" I ask.
Grandma, Karl and Grandpa Powalish - lots of love there!!!
Throughout the day we talk about it more and have a real nice time. Grandpa tries bribing us to stay longer but we tell them my parents are dying to see us and we have to go home. They can't wait to hear from them on Sunday. We leave around 3:30 to see mom and dad. The trip with gpa and gma was really really special and grandpa mentioned he now has to stick around for sure to see baby born. Yeah! He turns 85 on Thursday.

We arrive to Roscoe and mom and dad are very excited to see us. We show them ultrasound pictures and give them two to hang on their refrigerator. I can tell they are excited - my dad is talking a mile a minute. My mom can't wipe the smile off her face.

So far the trip has been wonderful. Karl's golfed with my dad. I went to the Apple Orchard with my mom. We've cleaned the basement and introduced my parents to Craigslist - how their junk can become someone else's treasures. We've eaten really good. I've gone shopping with mom. This really has been such a great time and I so wish we lived closer. It's so nice to get spoiled like this.  Our baby is going to be one lucky grand baby and great-grand baby!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment