Monday, October 3, 2011

For the Love of the Game - Month 3

written September 27, 2011
week 11

Why I need Volleyball in my Life


Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden. She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming. See what your baby looks like this week. (info found at http://www.babycenter.com/)


Me! 11 weeks with a bump!!
I haven't worked out in five weeks. Yes, five. Me. As in the gal who used to work out twice a day and run half marathons and play volleyball five days a week. The girl who has a trainer and a whole workout plan and goes ballistic if I miss being active more than two days in a row. I just couldn't do it. My body wouldn't let me. I've been confined to the couch. Okay...well, I go on 35-40 minute walks most nights.

But finally. Yes, finally... I had to play volleyball. Our fall season started in Eden Prairie last night. I was nervous knowing at the moment I'm totally not limber. But I stretched a little and before I knew it I was hitting and serving and jumping...and digging!!!! Every minute that went by I felt more and more like myself. And by the end of the match, I wanted more. I was bouncing everywhere. I haven't felt that good in a long time!!!!!!!! I felt the energy and good vibes racing through my blood.

My legs felt like Jell-O. My back was already sore. I swore I stretched my stomach muscles. But I felt so awesome. By the time I crawled into bed, I was feeling pain but I don't care. I felt like meeeeeeeeee!!! Then I woke up this morning and felt totally like me again!!! I treasure feeling this way. Ahhh. I hope it's here to stay! I love volleyball!!! It's my cure!

"God puts each morning, each new chance of life into our hands as a gift to see what we will do with it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment