Thursday, September 25, 2014

Guess the Baby's Gender - 36 Weeks

Only a Month to Go!!!

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce). She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if not, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version (ECV). In an ECV, the practitioner applies pressure to your abdomen to manually manipulate your baby into a head-down position.


Big mama! 36 weeks preggers!


Here we go!!! Time is about to change in a BIG way once again. I just realized something. The more you allow change to happen, it's not AS uncomfortable or scary. Notice I say, "AS". It still is. Scary. Like, I'm totally DREADING changing up daycares and Jackson's routine. I almost get MAD that I have to do this. But I don't have another option. It is just what it IS.

I pray about this every night. First I ask God to place the RIGHT people in our life and at the RIGHT time, and for HIM to guide me when it comes to finding the BEST care for Jackson AND baby. This is the only way. I MUST TRUST. It's kind of scary though how much trust you put in those who watch your children. Whoa. I try not to take my brain down that route.

So I had my 36-week appointment this morning. Baby was up to greet me with an elbow jab once again around around 4 a.m. (Hey, just an hour earlier than Jackson used to get up until just a few months ago!). This is the time when baby gets his/her kicks in and is obviously doing his/her own PiYo session in my belly. I LOVE IT.

So the doctor did measurements on my belly. I will say this about me. I have been gifted with pretty great intuition. I can just LOOK at someone and know something is off or that I need to say something. I could just TELL the doctor was thinking something.

Me: "Everything look OK?"

Doctor: Frowns. "Well, you're measuring the same as you did two weeks ago."

Me: "What does that mean?"

Doctor: "I'm not going to worry. You're not going to worry. Could be a couple things. Maybe baby has dropped. Maybe it's because you're tall and you have a long torso. As long as baby is moving and the heartbeat sounds like it does, I'm not worrying. However, if you come in next week and we're still at the same numbers, we'll have to do an ultrasound."

Me: "OK. So then I'm not going to worry? (Yeah, right!) Am I exercising too much???"

Doctor: "KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING. You feel a lot of pressure down there?"

Me: "YES!"

Doctor: "Hmmm. Could be dropping. There are SO many babies coming in October. I have to deliver three today."

Me: "Remember how cold January was? It was the month of snuggling with my fuzzy Karl."

Doctor: Shakes head and laughs at me.

He took my Strep B culture swipe thing down there and asked if I wanted to be checked. I decided against that. For one, it's PAINFUL (man hands hurt). For two, what's it going to matter if he tells me I'm dilated or not?? I could be dilated for weeks. So whatever. Not going to worry about that either. What's supposed to be, will be. Right?

Like I said, NEW CHRISTIE here. Laid back Christie.

I guess I'm not SUPER worried because I GAINED 4 pounds in 2 weeks. HELLOOOO. Who does that!??!?!? BUT because I've been doing PiYo, I lost INCHES in my arms and thighs. SWEEEEEEEEEET! And I have so much energy, I have been told by people that they can feel it coming off my emails and the second I walk into a room. GOOD! Maybe it's the "nesting" phase or maybe it's the working out and eating healthy. Who knows!

I'm also reading the MOST AMAZING book right now and came across this today. LOVED it. HAVE to share!!!!!!!

"Give yourself the gift of living a joyous life while you're still among the living. Take care of yourself as if you're the most awesome person you've ever met!" -Jen Sincero (You Are a Badass)

Isn't that just great!?!?

Anyway. Remember when we sent out "BABY HUNCH" for Jackson? Here's one for Baby #2!!! What's your guess? Jackson swears baby is a girl. Karl and I both think boy. Game on! Vote away! We will see.

What do you think? Boy or Girl? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment