Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It's All About the Small Stuff

Some of the unusual things that made me smile last week

You know when you're going at TURBO SPEED? Yeah, pretty much every day, right? Well I'm kind of over it. Except I'm having the hardest time letting stuff go so I'm living in a cycle of madness here. There is always SO MUCH TO DO ALL THE TIME. I'm working at it though. But with that said, there are only a few things that stop me in my tracks these days and either make me bust a gut or force me to simply STOP and SOAK in the good around me.

Last week, it was these moments for me:

Say what??? Did I read that right??? My bust a gut moment.
A gorgeous snowfall on April 23. Ahhhh. God's work.
So pretty! (Plus, I knew it'd melt by the end of the day, so it was OK in my book)
I took the long way to work to capture these shots. Late? Oh well.

For one second I wanted to ENJOY what was going on around me. And I did. I didn't care. All I have been doing is rushing through everything just to keep up. Sound familiar? I didn't want to miss the opportunity to be silly and laugh or the last snowfall of the season...even if we're talking April here...

I'm trying to capture as much as I can in video and pictures because maybe when I'm old, I can actually let this all soak in and remember how awesome I had it. I just wish I could realize it now and ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY. Of course I know what I have, but I'm talking about throwing my head back and laughing myself silly and not worrying about the dishes or menu planning or laundry or paying bills. JUST LIVING IN THE MOMENT. These pictures help me get there.


0 comments:

Post a Comment