To me, this recipe was AWESOME. Our house smelled crazy good at 4 a.m. when I got up to nurse Jackson! I felt like I was eating HEALTHY pumpkin pie for breakfast! I took a recipe I found on Pinterest and made it my own because I read all the comments underneath and people were saying it was too bland. Well...and it was a "no sugar added" recipe and I can't do those!!!
|Delicious Pumpkin Steel Cut Oats!|
This is what I did...
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups milk (add an extra 1/2 cup of water or milk if you prefer a less thick oatmeal)
- Half a can of REAL pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
* Top with chopped walnuts, brown sugar, milk and flaxseed!!!
Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
I even got a text from Karl, "Good Oats!!!"
Will be making this lots!