Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rich and Creamy Tortellini

Rich and Creamy Tortellini
serves 6
recipe found in Taste of Home, June/July 2011
Yummy Italian goodness


My grandma had a ton of cooking magazines sitting on her couch when we were visiting earlier this month. There were a ton of awesome recipes so I'll be cooking lots!

  • Cook a 9 oz package of refrigerated cheese tortellini according to package directions.
  • I also cooked sweet Italian sausage and added to the recipe for more protein.
  • In a saucepan, saute 2 minced garlic cloves in 4 tsp. butter for 1 minute.
  • Stir in 4 1/2 tsp. flour; slowly add 1 cup of milk and bring to a boil.
  • Add 15 oz. jar of marinara sauce, 4 oz. cubed cream cheese, 2 sliced green onions, salt and pepper.
  • Cook and stir until cheese melts.
  • Serve over tortellini.

Karl's reaction: "Nice and fluffy babe. I like."

My take: I know this isn't the healthiest but I really liked. I guess it's better than going to Olive Garden...

0 comments:

Post a Comment