Orange-Beef Stir Fry
recipe found in Fitness Magazine, January 2012
|Lots of flavor in this dish!|
1/2 lb top round steak
1/2 cup beef broth
2 T soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
2 T lime juice
1 T sesame oil
1 T minced garlic
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 T cornstarch
Nonstick cooking spray
1 T canola oil
3 small bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 small Vidalia or red onion
1 cup broccoli florets
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Place steak in freezer until firm but not frozen, about 20 mins. Cut against grain into thin slices.
2. In a large cowl, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, orange juice concentrate, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Stir in cornstarch until no lumps remain. Set aside.
3. Coat a wok or large skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and warm over medium heat. Add peppers, onion and broccoli; cook and stir 4-5 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Increase heat to high and add steak. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes, until meat begins to brown.
4. Reduce heat to low and add broth mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes more, until sauce thickens and steak is no longer pink.
5. Garnish with scallions and serve.
Karl's reaction: "Wow. I like this a lot. Lots of good flavor in here. Real good job babe."
My take: I think this is awesome. I usually suck at making Chinese and this tasted really great! Loved the fresh veggies. I piled them on to make more food.