recipe from Barb Halverson and Jim Wright (Transfiguration Lutheran Church members)
|Best chicken enchiladas on the planet|
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (10-3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 (19-oz.) can of enchilada sauce
1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
1 small can chopped green chillies
8 oz shredded taco cheese
1 package of 10-inch flour tortillas
Pace Picante sauce
1. Cook chicken or pull meat and chop into bite size. Saute onion. Add into a large mixing bowl with soup, enchilada sauce, sour cream and chillies. Set aside 1/4 of this sauce mixture.
2. Spray baking dish with Pam for easier cleanup. Lay out flour tortillas. Add some cheese, a strip of sauce mixture, then chicken. Roll the tortilla and place in 13 x 9 baking dish, seam side down. Keep repeating until dish is full.
3. Cover tortillas with remaining sauce mixture. Cover with remaining cheese.
4. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with Picante sauce.
5. If made in advance, keep in refrigerator. Cook 40 to 50 minutes.
Karl's reaction: "Yesss, you made these!! Love these!"
My take: I get these crazy cravings for this recipe. What can I say? It's tasty.