Sunday, August 7, 2011

What can I make with a Rotisserie Chicken?

Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Grapes and Apple
Serves 4 to 6
(Adapted from Whole Foods Market Recipe and I found on Snacking in the Kitchen Blog - her stuff is sooooo good and is featured in Fitness magazine a lot!!!)
This is beyond good. I will be making this over and over again!
Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste


Salad
1 rotisserie chicken
2 cups red seedless grapes
1 green apple, cored and diced
3 stalks celery, peeled and finely diced
3/4 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
1/4 cup sliced green onions


1. Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, lemon juice, poppy seeds, salt and pepper.

2. Remove the skin from the chicken and pull meat off the bones. Roughly chop the chicken into bite-size pieces. Combine chicken, grapes, apple, celery and dressing. Refrigerate for several hours.

3. Once refrigerated, add almonds and onion. Serve.

Karl's reaction: "Oh. My. God. This is so good. This is in my top five for sure. Is this healthy? What's the white stuff? God, this is good. Are there kiwis in here? No? Good. I love this. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Awesome."

My reaction: I loved this. Like loved it. It's easy to make and I can see this being a hit at a BBQ or party. SO GOOD!

1 comments:

Karl's reaction to the food is my favorite part of these cooking posts! You've inspired me to be more domestic, Christie. Maybe I'll try out one of these recipes at home :)

Post a Comment