Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pesto-Peach Chicken Salad Wrap

Who doesn't like peaches? The question is how do you cook with them?

Pesto-Peach Chicken Salad Wrap
serves 4
(recipe found in Fitness Magazine July/August 2011)
Great way to use up basil!
3 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
1 1/4 pounds peaches, pitted and cubed
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
4 large red-leaf lettuce leaves, spines removed and sliced in half
4 10-inch whole-grain wraps

1. Put the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. While processor is running, pour in lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water; add the oil and continue processing until a paste forms. Mix the chicken, peaches and celery in a large bowl; add the pesto and toss to coat.

2. Place 2 lettuce leaves in the middle of each wrap and top with 1 cup of the chicken mixture. Wrap tightly, cut in half and serve.

Karl's reaction: "This little wrap is quite tasty. Are there peaches in here!?!? This is good stuff."

My take: Yummy goodness here. I will be making this again!

3 comments:

I'm addicted to pesto, the hubs is always making it for me I love to have it on hand to put in EVERYTHING. Chicken salad never dawned on me, which is stupid because it's one of my fav things! I LOVE this idea. I bet the peaches added such a sweet yumminess. Can't wait to try this one out!

I just found your blog and I AM NEVER LEAVING! A girl after my own heart! This looks delicious and I just saw the smoothies below so I know where I'm headed next!!

Yeah!!! Thanks Jen! And welcome! I just joined your blog too!!!!! Yeah for chick-lit!!! Oh, and hi Steph:) Let me know if you make this recipe!!!

Post a Comment