Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chicken Dill Saute

If you like dill, you'll like this quick healthy recipe.

I guess I never really cooked with dill before and I had no idea what I've been missing. Oh, man! I want to put it on everything!!! I found this recipe delicious since I used to drink pickle juice when my mom wasn't looking:)

Chicken Dill Saute
serves 4
(recipe found in Good Housekeeping May 2011)

Chicken Dill Saute
1 lemon
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken-breasts halves, cut into 1/2-in. chunks
3 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 sm. onion (4 to 6 oz.), thinly sliced
2 lg. peppers, orange and yellow, sliced
1/2 c. water
salt and pepper
8 oz. sugar snap peas, strings removed, cut in half
1/3 c. fresh dill, chopped

1. From lemon, grate 1 tsp peel; set aside. Into pie plate, squeeze 1 TBS juice. Add chicken; turn to coat.

2. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Add onion, peppers, 2 TBS water, and 1/4 tsp each salt and ground pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until softened, stirring. Transfer to large plate.

3. In same skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Add peas, 2 TBS water, and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring occasionally. Add to pepper mixture.

4. In same skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Add chicken; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Return vegetables to pan; add remaining 1/4 cup water. Cook 1 minute or until saucy, stirring. Stir in dill, 1/4 tsp salt and reserved peel.

Note: I didn't have time to cook up chicken. So again, I used a rotisserie chicken. And I didn't really have time to remove the strings from the snap peas. Time is hard to come by for me lately. But this still turned out great!

Karl's reaction: "Whoa...there might be a titch too much dill in this one." Me: "I love it!"







0 comments:

Post a Comment