Sunday, January 23, 2011

Where's the Beef?

What can I say? My husband loves meat. I do too, but it's not something I crave on a daily basis. He thinks meat and thinks protein. But because I love making him happy this next recipe is quite beefy and made especially for him with love.

Grilled Beef with Basil Puree Over Tuscan Beans
Serves 4
(Found in Fitness Magazine, July/August 2010)














1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 loosely packed fresh basil
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 lb sirloin steak cut into 4 portions
2 15.5 ounce cans white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup grape tomatoes halved
1 TBS finely chopped red onions

I mixed in the leftover Gorgonzola cheese from the spinach/shrimp penne recipe

I did this recipe a lot different than how it's listed in the magazine. I busted out our George Forman, which I accidentally called Greg Forman and got laughed at by Karl for a good three minutes. I salted and peppered both sides of meat. Grilled for 5 minutes. I drained and rinsed beans and put in a bowl. I mixed with olive oil, already made pesto leftover from another recipe, basil, tomatoes, lemon, salt, garlic (browned in a skillet with olive oil), onions, pepper, salt. Put the meat on plate and put beans next to it. Served and it was realllllly good.

Karl's reaction: "The bean salad is good. Wholesome. Gosh, this meat is thin."

0 comments:

Post a Comment